Wednesday, April 13, 2011

More on Tom Leppert and his flip-flops

Found this from conservative blogger Matt Dowling's website

When Mayor Tom Leppert jumped into the senate race I was a little skeptical of his decision. Why would he join a crowded field with little name ID and no conservative base or credentials (at least that I know of)? So I decided to do a little research about the mayor to see if I could figure out the ace up his sleeve that was going to win over Texas conservatives. I wondered if he slained unions or defeated a tax increase against all odds. Instead, I discovered his past support for the Lesbian Gay Bi-Sexual and Transgender community.

Now this picture is the end of the road for him. I’m not sure if Mayor Leppert’s record is common knowledge in Dallas, but it sure isn’t in the rest of Texas.
The social conservatives in the Republican Party are going to have a field day with this picture and his advocacy for gay rights in Dallas. He isn’t going to make it out of the gates in the senate race and I am still at a loss on why he even got in.
Not to mention that he has donated thousands of dollars to defeat one of Texas’ current U.S. senators, John Cornyn. He is going to get booed out of every Republican women’s club out there.
I don't know Matt Dowling, but somehow I think he is right.